Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling methods are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling techniques are:
- Tedious and time-consuming
- Unable to quickly react to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, staff members need to go through a manager or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for staff members to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems affect everyone in the organization:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee attrition
- Owners are in jeopardy of compliance infractions
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Workers can’t monitor the schedule when they are not at work
- Workers have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force employees on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, contributes to employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time assembling schedules that they have little time for other essential tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee schedule requests
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from SwipeClock has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing plants.
Workforce Management Suite incorporates TimeSimplicity which offers expedited scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Design schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the staff members with the required qualifications are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible staff members to cover open shifts
- Customized system notifications reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for team members and management
- Employee Self Service allows staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
SwipeClock offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and business.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is designed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our SwipeClock ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to set up a demo.